Path to OSCP - FIN
August 17, 2016
Brief notes I had for myself:
- 40 hr/wk work
- 7x6 = 42hr/wk studies (total 180h during first 30d)
- still 40h/wk work
- 7x5 ~35h/wek studies
- on 68th day
- last week before exam only lab doc + exercises
- started at 1600 local time
- sleep at 0330
- woke up 0700
- final root at 1030
Total of 35 machines done.
Weakest link: Windows Priv esc.
Reverse engineering (see bookmarks)
- Learning tools:
- beginners.re / challenges.re
- xorpd xchg rax, rax
- practical reverse engineering
OSCE maybe 2017?
WiFu / OSWP - wireless
Doing some coding in Go or Rust - Need to keep my developer brain happy/activated.
- Recuperating from the exertion
- Find the sweetspot for hours/week for learning stuff vs relationships and mental exhaustion
Part 1: Recap
Part 2: How to prepare for OSCP
This concludes my Path to OSCP since I have achieved that goal. I will most probably do a Path to OSCE when it is its time and will let y'all know through this blog, twitter, youtube and linkedin.
In the meanwhile you will probably see an increasing amount of links and posts here on reverse engineering. I might do some videos on the subject later on once I figure out a good format for that since it is not a directed curriculum as the PWK/OSCP was.
I could do another Q&A episode as an appendix to this series if there is interest / more questions that you want me to answer.