Path to OSCP - Part 17, Failure is always an option
April 2, 2016
Did I pass?
no O O o o o 。 。 . . . pe
Now if you still want to see me go through the ups and downs of this exam, read on . . .
Things I can say without revealing anything of the exam:
- Like in the labs, I had important stuff just laying around on my hard disk due to lack of diligence. This made me waste several precious hours and quite a few slivers of sanity.
- Like in the labs, I missed critical findings in my enumeration. It wasn't because I didn't follow my plan. It was because my plan didn't even include this thing. Yes. That big of an oversight on my part. Nothing special. Just basic stuff.
- I was able to follow my plan and it did yield the first machine to be rooted in 4 hours or so. I was happy about this.
- I got tunnelvision quite badly with one machine. For many hours. Even with breaks.
- I did follow my schedule quite rigorously except for the first break which I decided to skip.